Wednesday, April 8, 2009
They're listening.
Just the other day Tory and Abigail were sitting out on the front porch enjoying the rain and having one of their very fun and interesting chats. I was in hearing distance and was really taken by the conversation. We have always loved affirming to Abigail how much we love her day in and day out. Tory was taking this moment to do this again. I heard him tell her on the porch that he was so excited to get to be with his little girl forever. She turned and looked at him and replied, "No Daddy, some day Jesus is going to come back and get us to be with Him." Taken off guard, he paused for a minute and then looked at me in curiosity. Then looking back at Abigail he said, "Abigail, where did you hear this?" (Knowing full well that it could have come from numerous of places.) She said, "Mommy." Oh, the tears that swelled up in my eyes. What a beautiful thing to hear come from your daughters mouth and then to hear that the short and sweet little teaching moments we have are reaching her heart. Thank you God, for helping her grasp and look forward to the day of your return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! That is awesome Kedra. I almost cried with you. I hope those words affirmed you and all your love and hard work as well!
sooo cool Kedra!! I What a a blessing to see the Lord work in her little heart and mind! Keep up the awesome work mama!!
Post a Comment