Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My birthday

Oh, how I want to remember this day forever! My birthday fell on a Monday this year which meant we would be doing school, it was cleaning day in our house and Tory would be working late. So, Tory made sure the weekend before was celebrated and told Abigail is was her job to make sure Mommy had an extra special day on her actual birthday since he would be at work. She took his instructions straight to heart and probably lost much sleep over it. She woke up first thing in the morning already ready to get the balloons blown up...so we dug through the craft closet and found the perfect ones. This was great, but she still wasn't satisfied. She informed me that she needed me to take her to Wal-Mart so she could rent me and Daddy a movie from Redbox for my birthday. (She knows her Mama loves a good movie.) So we went. She was so serious about her picking it out...she made me close my eyes and everything. She even swiped the card. So tonight Tory and I will be watching Iron Man II for the first time actually. Ha ha. Love it! The thought and work she put into making sure I felt so special meant the world to me. So proud of my girl.

Nate wasn't quite getting this whole "Mama's birthday" thing. He asked, "Mom, when is your birthday?"
"It's today, Bud."
"But when is your birthday?"
"Today."
"Ya Mom, but when. is. your. birthday?"
Not quite sure as to what he was expecting me to say, "We are having my birthday today, Nate."
"But where are the candles?"
Ah ha! Of course! My boy needs me to have a cake to have my birthday. So off to Kroger we went!

Thank you, wonderful kids of mine, for making Mama feel so so special today. Your thoughts and love for me are the best gift ever! I love you so.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Late Birthday! Love the new look for the header. That verse is Hadassah Joy's life verse. Love it!

amy wright said...

I love how kids expect our birthdays to be themed like theirs. It makes for fun birthday parties still. :)
I'm glad your kids were there to make sure your day was so special. You look great, by the way!

Lisa Dietz said...

How exciting! Reminds me of when Andi and I would go to the Hardware store and get a gift for our parents and then charge it to them. All my love! Nana

Kelli said...

How sweet is that!? Man, how we miss y'all! I miss those precious kids of yours too. I think it's so neat to see how concerned Abigail was for making sure you felt special on your birthday. I know this is the Lord's work in her, but it is also evidence of the way that you have poured into her, teaching her the importance of hospitality and things like that.

I love you, sweet girl, and am so thankful for you!

Shawn Graham said...

What sweet fun for your birthday. And may I say how impressive it is that you drove you and your 3 kids to two different places just to let them help you celebrate - that is some selfless love right there! Happy birthday!